Wednesday, August 23, 2006

DC Blogs Noted:



If you have been worried about crime in the District – and by extension, the police’s response or lackthereof to it – these two posts won’t do anything to ease your mind. David Gaines cites some examples. Fair warning: Kris Hammond’s account of what happened to a neighbor’s son is particularly disturbing. Kris, a resident of North Capitol Street in the Eckington-Bloomingdale neighborhood, is running for a spot on the Advisory Neighborhood Commission.

From the Date from Hell Diaries. Paul’s Blog: “She asked me where we were going, and my reply was "I don't know, we'll decide when I pick you up". To my surprise, she said "that's not good enough, call me when you have decided where we're going.” Meanwhile, Lula Dates DC reminisces about her last -- literally, she swears -- blind date. She writes: So as we're waiting for the check, he asks if I want to go out again. I said, "umm... I'd really need to think about that." And he kind of looked at me and said, "So you're saying it's not true love then?"

If you want to know, exactly,
what it’s like to get a tattoo, then read this post. Well, it hurts, writes the Iron Fist of Love.

A new to DC medical student talks about his orientation to the city and classes. On Saturday, he writes: This was the white coat ceremony. This is the day that we received our white coats signifying our entry into medical school. From Waiting Around.

A, umm,
alternative look by Just up the Pike at some of the qualifications and endorsements of Montgomery County’s local officials.

DC Daily Photo
at work.

Learn
what differentiates a feral cat from other domesticated cats at a meeting Wednesday night (tonight) hosted by Alley Cat Allies. Details at Stop, Blog and Roll: Hear about non-lethal, humane, and effective means of controlling stray and feral cat populations. See what a humane trap looks like. Learn about available spay/neuter resources in the DC area. Come voice your concerns and learn more about what you can do to help your neighborhood cats.


 

4 Comments:

At 1:10 PM, Blogger jaime said...

The kitties and I thank you!

 
At 4:34 PM, Blogger Rob said...

Thanks, KOB!

 
At 12:04 AM, Blogger kob said...

The kat program sounded really intersting. Interesting group, thanks for the post.
Greymaulkin -- you're welcome.

 
At 11:31 AM, Blogger TOS said...

So that's who owns Stop Drop and Blog! Ironic that it was another DC Person :)

I tried to get it when I bought ShopDropandBlog.com

 

Post a Comment

Home